Tuesday, September 1, 2015

UberGirl


Well, I'm an Uber driver now.




Captain Awesome is all spiffed up & looking sharp. 





Yesterday was my first day. I had two pickups. Both were college students. The first girl was also named Diana & when I was on my way to pick her up I saw a Dodge station wagon painted with Wonder Woman emblems. It was a sign!



My second pickup was later in the day. I took two college students from Wheaton College to Brandeis University. They were moving a bunch of stuff & because Awesome is a kick ass Element, it all fit. If I were in a sedan there would be no way I could have taken them. Because it was a long trip I earned a lot of money for it. Almost made driving home in rush hour traffic worth it!

I do wonder if there is a way to find out where the drop off is going to be. I'm off to Google to find out.

The only drawback I've noticed is that the Uber App & Google Maps are a serious drain on the phone battery. For my first pickup I attempted to use my Magellan GPS but it took me to the wrong location. So I will keep using my phone. I also have the Waze app but that is also a big battery drain. I'll keep a portable charger with me in the future. 

As a courtesy I have a cooler with bottled water that I take with me. Also since Awesome has suicide doors


... I get out & open the doors for the passengers. 

That was my first day as UberGirl. I'll keep you all posted. Wish me luck.

1 comment: